I've been doing the odd bits and bobs for the nursery for a while now but actually finished a project yesterday (I tend to start lots of things but take ages to finish them!). We know we're having a boy but rather than go for a blue themed nursery I decided on a more funky and colourful colour scheme. Back in the summer I found a pack of quilting fabric by 'Freebird MoMo'. It consisted of 35 different squares of fabric each with different funky patterns but all in the perfect colours for my colour scheme idea.
The first thing I did with the fabric was to make bunting for around the room to add an instant colour lift to an otherwise magnolia room.
After making the bunting I was still left with a lot of material so this week I decided to make a patchwork cushion!! It was one of those projects that as soon as I'd started I kind of wished I hadn't. I don't have a sewing machine and sewing lots of squares together is quite time consuming and I kept thinking I should probably be making a stew for the freezer or something else 'more productive'. But I went against my gemini trait and stuck with it and actually finished it in less than a day!! and I'm really pleased with it!
I have two more uncovered cushions that need suitable colourful covers made but I think I'll leave it for a little while..and maybe I'll admit defeat and realise it's time I got myself a sewing machine and learnt how to use it!!