Sunday 16 January 2011

Changing cupboards

I'm a big believer in rescuing old bits of furniture and giving them a new life/purpose.  Over a year ago I bought a cupboard from a charity shop for £5 and until recently it has been sitting in the conservatory filled with dog toys (most of them needing repair).
With the impending new arrival I decided to give it a new lease of life and transform it from a bit of a tatty cupboard to a baby changing unit.
Now obviously I'm in no fit state to be doing furniture renovation so I happily passed the job over to a much more able and talented carpenter and painter, my fiance Jim.
He did an amazing job and I am so pleased with it.  It's the perfect height for changing and it has a great amount of storage underneath for all the nappies and baby bits.


Jim added a ledge around the top of the cupboard for the changing mat to fit in to, to make sure it was safe and secure.  He then painted it and added new handles...simple ;o)

We also have a very happy dog as there's nowhere for all his toys except the conservatory floor so he's now surrounded by balls, ropes and cuddly animals!!  picture to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment