Sunday 28 March 2010

Car Boot sale season is here!!!


I went to my first car boot sale of 2010 this morning but I was left feeling very dissapointed.  There were only 2 rows of cars selling so there really wasn't much to search through.  I did find these very cute tins for 25p each and a box frame which I will spruce up and use for something but compared to my usual car boot experiences this really was not a good one.  I am a complete car boot fan and in the past 5 years I have found some real treasures and bargains.  I thought I would share some of the bigger pieces I have found and put to good use in my house.

Above Left : Bedside table- only £1, Jug - 50p 
 Above Right : Ottaman - £3.50 (Re-covered) , Rose quilt - free (given to me by Jim's mum), Mirror - £1

The above mirror was a bit worse for wear when I bought it from a car boot sale last summer for £2.50.  It was a horrible purple colour but I could see potential in the lovely carved rose pattern and the practical 3 mirrored design.  I sanded it down, cleaned it and then re painted it in an off white paint.  It looks great in my bedroom on top of my drawers.  I've hung a selection of necklaces on it too to make it feel more vintage.

Fingers crossed for the next car boot I visit, the ones over easter weekend are usually very good so I hope to pick up some more treasures then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment